Saturday 9 July 2016

It maybe a while...............

......................before our grandchildren are tall enough for something we bought today.

For several weeks we've been seeing this big poster on the way to hospital
So this morning we popped round to have a look
Wow, talk about community effort. In just 2 roads every 3rd or 4th house was joining in with this fundraiser, selling their unwanted stuff and also raising money for the local Hospice.
It was crowded with people and cars, (hope a fire engine or ambulance didn't need to get through!)
We came home with 2 things, although I could have filled a whole cupboard with children's toys of all sorts.... but managed to resist.
The first thing we bought was this wooden height measuring thingy for £3.50, it screws to the wall....... yes I know Jacob is only 6 weeks old but now we will be ready for him (and the one due October) growing!  I can just picture future grandchildren rushing in to see if they've grown since last time they visited.

Underneath is the other thing I bought -  a king-size quilted throw. I got one off ebay several months ago and have had it over the settee but it's a hand made one and  now needs repairs and cleaning, and we have no proper covers on the settee underneath as they "died" a long time ago! Now I can mend and organise the cleaning. The 'new' one is very huge and very heavy and the colours are right too, I could have bought a new one from a dozen places for much the same as I paid here - £40 - but prefer not to buy from shops if I can avoid it, this way the money goes into the community and not into some big company.

Here is the latest photo of Jacob our eldest has put on facebook!......... I can't see any resemblance at all!






Poor little fella!

And finally, can anyone tell me who had a recipe on their blog,( possibly on a link to an old post) for marrow/lemon curd. I've tried googling but can only find recipes without eggs and I'm sure the one I saw on a blog had eggs in for a better flavour and set.

Thanks for comments last time

Back very soon
Sue
( edited in to say that some people are unable to see photo of Jacob copied here from facebook in which our daughter has compared him to a photo of Yoda from Star Wars!, which is why I said poor little fella )



MOVED

The blog here has now finished please add my new blog to your list instead                               You will find it here at    ...