Sunday 24 May 2015

V.I.P Visitor


 Last week I had a visit from a lovely blogger, well known to many of you out there because she writes so fluently about her life on a Yorkshire farm. Yes, Pat AKA The Weaver of Grass came around with The Farmer for a cuppa while they were on holiday in Aldeburgh. Here we are after a look round the garden, I'm complaining loudly that I'm in baggy shorts and tee-shirt  so  not dressed for photos, but as John at Going Gently would say"Hey Ho!"


The weather wasn't the best for their stay in Suffolk, which was a shame but I hope they enjoyed their visit to the East coast.

Our local car boot sale was on today( and tomorrow because of Bank Holiday). I zoomed up the road to look early this morning and came home with a pair of thinner knitting needles for 50p. Hey Big Spender! Perhaps tomorrow will be more exciting. Although in reality I must only buy things that will be Christmas presents or are wearable or very small.
So why knitting needles? Well, I keep reading blogs about people who have learned to knit and all I can manage is dishcloths. Then I got to thinking that many years ago I taught myself to do Cross Stitch and I've made loads of pictures and presents and there are people who can't cross stitch or are only just learning. Therefore in theory I ought to be able to teach myself to knit something other than a dishcloth. Blogging is very good for opening new doors. Now I just need some wool, a simple pattern and time to watch knitting tutorials on You Tube.

Our youngest and partner ( the one she split up with a few weeks ago!) were here to watch the  Eurovision Song contest and both stayed over, so today before it rained Col got them to help with some heavy shifting and lifting and a few more things have now been tidied up. Our daughter moved back here when they split and  gave up the rental on their house. She has now organised renting a flat and will be moving in to it at the beginning of June. I'm not sure how much together/not together they are. We will see what happens. I gave up on watching the song contest and went to bed, when after several countries voting, the UK had only been given 1 point.

Lots of new followers,on Google Friends - welcome to Hina, A krafty girl and Jan and to Diane and wsheary on Bloglovin'. hope you enjoy reading about our quiet life near the Suffolk coast.

Back Soon
Sue


MOVED

The blog here has now finished please add my new blog to your list instead                               You will find it here at    ...