Sunday 20 July 2014

After the boot sale

Yesterday we brought downstairs all the stuff we had been collecting for the last year and a bit, looked at the weather forecast for today and decided to shove it into the jeep and nip up the road early to see what we could get rid of. It was mainly small bits of junk, odds and ends that have come from who knows where. A chest of drawers for £10 and another older tattier one for £5 were the only things we had for sale for over £1, I just like to get rid of stuff as we don't want to take it home for doing boot sales every week like so many people do.

Grand total takings of £98.20p - amazing!
I am now writing myself a note
I DO NOT WANT TO DO ANYMORE BOOT SALES FOR AT LEAST 3 YEARS.
THEREFORE :-
I MUST NOT BUY ANYTHING FROM BOOT SALES THAT I WILL ONLY KEEP FOR A WHILE.
I MUST NOT BUY RAFFLE TICKETS AS I ONLY EVER WIN THINGS I DON'T WANT.
IF I'M GIVEN SOMETHING I DON'T NEED, DONATE IT STRAIGHT TO A CHARITY SHOP.
NO MORE CROSS STITCH STUFF - EVER!

There were not many stalls there which I think worked in our favour and I only spent £2 on 4 new tea-towels, something I had been looking out for since the start of the car boot season. We took food and a flask with us of course, so we were not tempted by bacon rolls.

There are some boxes of things left over to sort through, most will go to a local charity shop, that's a job for another day. The books left can go out in the information room/library on the campsite.

I've just been out to the shed to bring in some jam jars to wash because tomorrow I'm going to use some of our bumper apricot harvest for jam. We've had the trees about 7 or 8 years and this is only the second time there has been enough for jam making. I hope to put lots in the freezer too, they are still a wee bit sharp for eating straight from the tree but if we leave them too long the wasps will find them.


Back Tomorrow
Sue

MOVED

The blog here has now finished please add my new blog to your list instead                               You will find it here at    ...