Thursday 17 April 2014

A playdough recipe

I promised to look up my playdough recipe for Kev at An English Homestead who is about to become a stay at home dad.
This recipe works well every time is just right for small hands to play with and even my after school child minded kids- aged 8 and 10 still had a good play given half a chance.

COOKED PLAYDOUGH RECIPE

2 Cups Flour
1 Cup Salt
2 Tablespoons Cooking Oil
2 Teaspoons Cream of Tartar
2 Cups Water
 A Few Drops of Food Colouring

Mix everything together in a big saucepan, then cook over a low - medium heat - STIR ALL THE TIME.
Remove from the heat when mixture comes away from the sides of the pan, it takes a while.
Knead well when its cool enough to handle and store in an airtight container.
It keeps well.

Find some cutters - often in charity shops, some plastic plates, a small rolling pin  and you will have happy small children.

Thanks for the Happy Birthday wishes yesterday. Also Thank you to 'someone'  ( I think I know who you are) who has sent me a envelope full of card making bits. That's so kind and I will have great fun playing with them.




MOVED

The blog here has now finished please add my new blog to your list instead                               You will find it here at    ...