Saturday 15 February 2014

More weather

Blimey! What a rough night.
And then what a blowy day.
I'm here on my own for a couple of days ( as Him Outside has gone off to visit our son and take the opportunity to go and watch rugby at Northampton Saints), so I was glad nothing serious got damaged in the gales. Our trellis arch has collapsed, but that can stay where it is until he is home again.


Dishcloth number 1 is finished.
Marks  for evenness of tension = 0/10
Number of  odd looking bits with strange loopy stitches = 3
Satisfaction with remembering/relearning a basic skill = 10/10
Usefulness of dishcloth - we will see. To have enough to use/wash I suppose I need about 10 so I'd better have a look out for some more 100% cotton double knitting. There are some balls of bamboo yarn on ebay, would that work?



I've been watching some Curling from the Winter Olympics, I think I'm getting quite into it, may even have to get up at 5 tomorrow morning to see how the men do. Or maybe not!

Thanks to all my bloggy friends for comments yesterday and a big Welcome to Vada Wetzel and Lynn Gill, new followers on bloglovin' and to twintalk2 follower 138 on google friend. Hope you enjoy the news from a simple Suffolk Smallholding.

Back tomorrow, when I must get some broad beans into pots as it's just too soggy to think about doing anything outside.




MOVED

The blog here has now finished please add my new blog to your list instead                               You will find it here at    ...