Saturday 23 November 2013

30 Ways to Save £1---Day 23 + A Tired visitor!

Number 23 of the 30 Ways to Save £1 was
23. Never buy notebooks for phone messages and shopping lists. Cut up cereal packets or similar into neat squares and keep them in a little box in the kitchen or by the phone.

I like to use cardboard for lists rather than paper as I seem to be able to find them better. A bit of paper gets screwed up and lost easily.

Him Outside was working for one of his customers this morning. I decided to get on my bike and go to the Cats Protection Homing Fair in Saxmundham. We acquired three cats with the house when we moved here 21 years ago but they are long gone and then we had our lovely Collie cross, Lucy, for 10 years up until 3 years ago. Since then we've been pet-less. Time to think about cats again. I've put my name down for a home visit and will keep an eye on their website, it was so busy that it was difficult to have a chat with anyone to see what cats they have in at the moment, other than the ones at the Fair. My only disagreement with Cats Protection is the amount they spend on keeping very elderly and sick cats alive. ( I fostered cats for them for a while and went to meetings so I do know what I'm talking about). That's the practical un-sentimental smallholder way of looking at things. Otherwise they do a good job of re-homing and trying to keep the number of unwanted kittens down.

While in Sax I popped into Tescos for a couple of things and spotted something I've never seen here before........... a bag of salad leaves reduced to 10p! I've been so envious of Ilona at Life after Money when she finds so many reduced things at her local Tesco. Now I know when to go to our Tescos for bargains - 10 O'clock on a Saturday morning! Although it's annoying having to buy salad stuff after months of having our own, 10p  I can manage. Celery is my other winter staple and that was 2 for £1 so not bad either.

Our eldest daughter came to visit this weekend, she had been to a 90s Revival night and a girls get together with old school friends last night ( including Vintage Vicki's little sister) so this is what happened after lunch here today!
She'll be driving back to Surrey tomorrow, so needs a rest!

MOVED

The blog here has now finished please add my new blog to your list instead                               You will find it here at    ...